Every year on Valentine’s Day thousands of loved ones around the globe exchange gifts, flowers, chocolates and candy, all in the name of love! Even though you may already have a lovely human date for February 14th, read the top 10 reasons why dogs are the perfect Valentine companions.
1. You don’t have to dress up or even be presentable, your doggy date will appreciate you the way you are! So swap the fancy dress and heels for relaxing pyjamas!
2. Forget about all the fuss of organising and squirming last minute to plan a romantic date, your dog will be more than happy to go on a relaxed stroll and play fetch!
3. Desserts, chocolates and wine are a NO GO for dogs, which means one thing! More for you!
4. You can steer clear of any dry conversation, boring jokes and awkward silences that may occur on a date. Dogs don’t talk much (or at all for that matter) but will happily listen to you ramble on or complain about the same thing for the billionth time.
5. Dogs are always overly ecstatic to see you whether you’ve been gone for 4 minutes or 4 hours. How adorable is that?
6. Dogs never get tired of snuggles and cuddles, no matter how ill you are dogs will still smother you with love and kisses.
7. Dogs don’t need any gifts; all they need is your love and attention!
8. Your doggy date is so easily pleased, they won’t look at you with desperate puppy eyes longing and hoping that your evening will end with a dreamy marriage proposal, or a trip to France.
9. Dogs never complain about your cooking, or eating the same thing everyday!
10. And last but not least, a dog’s love for their doggy parents is 100% unconditional.
Please share your thoughts, what makes your dog the PAWfect Valentine?