Few dogs have amassed such a dedicated crowd of fans as the Japanese Akita Inu. But, frankly, the Akita Inu doesn’t care about their devotees – all they care about is themselves, as these 10 images will prove.
1. Akita Inus only care about their own feelings.
2. Akita Inus are known to never show any excitement when they greet their best buddy (that’s you).
3. They do yoga… but it’s all for appearances’ sake.
4. They are known to be terrifying, wolf-like savage beasts, who’ll eat smaller creatures for breakfast.
This is Lily, a retired guard dog, who’s looking out for this adopted kitten as if it were her own puppy. We tried to warn you about their selfish nature!
5. Even the wolf cubs (ahem, puppies) are completely wild and vicious – beware!
6. Looking for a snow-day playmate? Forget it. The Akita Inu hates the snow.
7. They’re really fussy about their beds, those Akita Inus…
8. Akita Inus are rubbish at entertaining themselves. They are so needy.
9. Be prepared, they can be a bit on the goofy side.
10. To top it all off, they don’t have a dancing bone in their body.
Are you a die-hard Akita Inu lover and got stories, pictures and videos of your own Akita’s hijinks? Why not share them with the DogBuddy community by uploading to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and tagging us – we’re @DogBuddyCo.