Travelling with your dog on public transport needn’t be a stressful experience; here are some useful guidelines to ensure your dog’s journey is as comfortable as possible.
- Take your dog for a walk before you begin your journey. It’s important for them to not only relieve themselves, but also get rid of excess energy so they are less restless and anxious throughout the journey.
- Carry a collapsible travel bowl to give your dog water and food.
- Keep your dog on the lead at all times and do not allow them to sit on the seats.
- Be considerate of other passengers, ensure your dog does not infringe on other passengers space. If anyone makes a reasonable objection about your dog, you may be asked to move seats.
- If your dog is hyper active, anxious or aggressive it may be a good idea to put a muzzle on your dog.
- You can travel with up to two dogs free of charge on London Transport.
- Dogs must be carried on escalators to stop their little paws getting stuck.
Happy Travels buddies!