It’s true, dogs can sometimes get jealous. As companionable creatures, it’s perfectly natural for our pooches to crave our attention exclusively – after all, dogs and humans have been side by side for thousands of years.
Sometimes, though, their envy can become excessive, but often it’s completely comical and adorable! Check out these jealous dogs and see if you can relate to any of these situations…
1. “The early dog catches the kiss… and I was here first!”
2. “But it’s not even a real dog!”
3. “Yes, yes, he’s lovely. My turn.”
4. “Strokes? I love strokes. Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy!”
5. “Face it, you’re not cuddling without me.”
6. “Instagram story? I got you covered!”
7. “Surely work is not as interesting as me!?”
8. “Hey, hey what’s going on here!”
9. “Head scratches, those are good for me, too?”
10. “Hey! Hey! Hey! I’m here, too!”
Sometimes, a jealous dog can be simply be rather adorable. Other times, however, a dog’s jealousy may get out of hand or be showing itself in undesirable behaviours such as barking, whining or even aggression.
If you think your dog’s jealous maybe ruining your relationship or causing stress at home, you may need to change your behaviour and may need to go back to training basics with your dog. Read our tips on how to deal with a jealous dog.
Is your dog jealous? Tell us your stories in the comments below.