This super-simple, yummy, healthy dog treat recipe only contains five ingredients. We guarantee your pooch will adore these…
Omega 3 Enriched Healthy Dog Treat Recipe
Makes approximately 12 – 15 healthy dog treats depending on the size of your cutter. We used the large bone cutter from this Amazon set.
- 280g gluten-free flour (plus extra for dusting)
- 130g (1 pack) pureed baby food. You must check the ingredient list of the baby food. Ensure all foods are suitable for dogs to ingest. The food we’ve used is Cow & Gate Broccoli, Chicken & Rice and the ingredients are: Broccoli, rice, water, free range chicken and Rapeseed oil.
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp Fish4Dogs Salmon Oil
- 140g oats
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C.
2. Pour 140g of flour, all the oats, pureed baby food, egg and salmon oil into a mixing bowl.
3. Using a wooden spoon, mix until it comes together and add the rest of the flour.
4. Knead for 2-3 minutes with your hands until a dough forms.
Expert tip: Add a drop of water to bind the mixture if it’s not forming a dough.
5. Dust a clean, dry surface with some flour and roll out until 1/4 inch thick.
6. Cut out shapes with your cutter and place on a non-stick baking tray and bake in the centre of the oven for 20 – 25 mins.
7. Let the healthy dog treats cool completely on the tray before giving to your dog.
Please remember – these are treats and should be given in moderation as part of a healthy, balanced diet. For this healthy dog treat recipe, we recommend the following portion sizes:
- 1/4 dog cake for small dogs such as Chihuahuas
- 1/2 dog cake for medium dogs such as Staffordshire Bull Terriers
- 1 dog cake for large dogs such as Great Danes
Expert tip: oats are known for their high amount of calming ingredient, L-tryptophan. These are great for dogs suffering with anxiety. If you want to add more ingredients to the healthy dog treat recipe mix, check out these other calming dog foods.
Don’t forget to check out our Pinterest board featuring loads of fun dog recipe ideas. Have you made any healthy dog treats of your own? Share them in the comments below for our community to try out and tag us in a picture on instagram @DogBuddyCo !