January. It’s the month for turning over a new leaf, learning a new skill, making plans for the year ahead and setting personal goals. Yes, we’re talking about New Year Resolutions. And it’s not just us humans, either! Dogs enjoy a new challenge as much as the rest of us. But just like their human companions, dogs aren’t always completely successful in their New Year Resolutions, but bless them, they do try. Here are 13 dogs who are attempting “New Year, new you” with (ahem) mixed levels of success.
1. First on any serious dog’s resolutions list; achieve the perfect catch.
2. Master the perfect blop and look real cute.
3. Discover the answer to life’s biggest question “Who is the good boy?”
4. Exercise without getting distracted by food.
5. Finally catch my tail. Seriously, why is this so hard?
6. And, for that matter, it really is time to stop being outsmarted by those squirrels!
7. Maybe, just maybe, take a bath now and again.
8. Get more sleep… in my nice new bed that my human parents bought me.
9. Be nicer to the cat.
10. Perfect those puppy dog eyes.
11. Improve my swimming skills.
12. Spend more quality time with the kids.
13. And of course, always love my hooman…
Have you and your dog turned over a new leaf or trying something new this year? Let us know your plans for 2018 in the comments below.