We’ve probably all got someone we call our best friend. You know, the one who has known you since you were four, can finish your sentences and knows how you like your martinis.
Okay, so dogs may not make the best martinis, and they struggle to finish our sentences, but here are 15 a few reasons we think our dogs are our best friends and why they’re worth celebrating on 30th July’s International Day of Friendship.
1. Whatever your training goals, they’ll see you through them
2. They’re not fussy about bad breath
3. When your song plays, you both know all the lyrics
4. They won’t start eating till your food’s arrived
5. And they’d never dream of stealing your food
6. Even when you’re not home they always obey house rules
7. They do their share of the chores
8. And won’t create more mess than they can clean up themselves
9. And at the end of a hard day’s work, they’ll let you watch your favourite TV show in peace
10. In fact they’re great all-round sharers
11. Always great with the kids
12. If they borrow your favourite pair of heels, you’ll get them back in perfect condition
13. You haven’t had to set an alarm in ages
14. Your pup is always smooth, self assured, and sauve
15. But none of that matters, because when they look at you like this…
… you know you’ve found a friend who’ll stick with you through thick and thin.
Why is your dog your best friend? Let us know is the comments below.