Known the world over for being fierce guard dogs and fearless sniffer dogs, German Shepherds might boast a cuddle-inducing coat, but they’ve gotten themselves sometime of a reputation for being hardy dogs. After all, 48,000 of them were conscripted into military service in the First World War. But don’t let that reputation deceive you, they are truly the biggest pushovers and they simply can’t get enough cuddles. Just don’t say it was us who told you.
1. Tough? Mean? Fearless guard dog? Nah, goofball cutie more like!
2. Don’t let their reputation as fearless crime-fighting dogs fool you, they enjoy simple pleasures like a Sunday afternoon drive, just like the rest of us.
3. They are mighty warriors and rumour has it they know no fear… unless they face their nemesis… a litter of terrifically adorable pups!
4. Oh, another nemeses … stuffed toys!
5. Look! They’re even soft on their prisoners – some guard dog!
6. Doesn’t exactly scream “beware! Guard dog!” does he?
7. They’re all smiles, very eager to make friends.
8. Like many of their doggy chums they have mastered the head tilt, which is apparently really useful for a police dog.
9. With all their police training and military expertise you might expect their paw-eye co-ordination would be a lot better…
10. Crafty tricksters or simply clumsy softies? We’ll leave you to make up your own mind…
There we have it! The German Shepherd is truly one of those often misunderstood dog breeds, they might appear to have a tough demeanour but underneath all the hardy sniffer-police-military-rescue dog they really are big softies with a big loving heart to match all their brawn and bluster!