Cats and dogs have a completely undeserved collective reputation. Our theory is that this comes from when they’re mentioned in the same breath in popular sayings. The result is the idea that they’re somehow responsible for heavy precipitation (raining cats and dogs) or, that they’re incapable of seeing eye to eye (fighting like cats and dogs). This is way off the mark!
We’ve done our research, and we reckon that dogs and cats are, in actual fact, often the best of friends. So to put our hypothesis to the test, here are 13 dogs and cats who prove that species is no barrier to true love.
1. Running late? You can always count on your BFF for a ride
2. Third wheeling is hella awkward but you stick it out
3. Chilling together after a party brings you closer
4. Adventurous trips are the most fun with them
5. In fact, every holiday is better with your BFF
6. All outings are well documented with selfies
7. You have the same sense of style…
8. … even if you don’t go shopping together, you seem to buy the same outfits
9. You’re lifelong partners in crime
10. And big milestones are experienced together
11. Watching a movie? Guaranteed one of you falls asleep
12. And you’d always sacrifice your own comfort without hesitation
13. That you love each the most is unquestionable, but you still include other pals in your friendship
So there we have it – dogs and cats are (sometimes) the best of friends! If you own cats and dogs, do they get have bestie moments like the ones we’ve listed? Share your cat and dog BFF photos with us on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.