Ever wondered why the day after Christmas is known as Boxing Day? No-one seems to know the true answer to this question. Common responses include; ‘the day you box up unwanted presents’, or ‘the day the boxing is on TV’. One very relatable theory is a strong contender: ‘the day you’re finally excused from staying indoors with your family’.
However, a popular theory among fans of the Boxer dog breed is that Boxers are the true reason for the Boxing Day season. We hate to break it to you, but… they’d never have a whole day dedicated to them; they just aren’t a big deal.
And we’ve got loads of proof.
1. Looking for a Boxing Day walking companion? Boxers hate walkies.
Get over it.
2. They cannot be trusted around kids.
3. Boxers are famed as fearsome guard dogs.
4. You can rely on your Boxer to never let a stranger on your turf.
5. Because Boxers have nerves of absolute steel.
6. They can’t handle setbacks in life.
7. From a young age, they have an innate gift for poise and elegance.
8. Boxers have never been known to miss an opportunity…
9. … or a bus
10. They are nigh on impossible to keep entertained
11. Literally, these dogs are the most boring and soporific animals you’ll ever meet.
12. Boxers aren’t at all interested in you love, affection or company.
How selfish of them.
13. They are, in fact, totally self-obsessed.
14. Their comedy value is in short supply.
So there you have it. Boxers are one breed of dog who could never be considered as the true reason for Boxing Day.
Can’t get enough of this bloomin’ marvellous breed? Get your paws on our downloadable Boxer wallpapers for desktop and mobile.