Fetch. We love it. Our dogs could do it all day (in between naps, of course). We bet that you can’t help but rate your dog’s fetch game against the other dogs in the park. And we bet you’ve secretly wished fetch was an Olympic sport so that your pooch could win the medal they deserve.
Well, we’ve taken a look around at the competitive talent, and these are the dogs to watch out for when fetch is finally at the Olympics.
1. No fetch buddy? No problem!
2. This pup may have a high-tech trainer…
3. But a good coach will challenge you…
4. … and keep motivation levels high
5. Because there are no shortcuts to greatness
6. Athletes need a winning combination of determination…
7. … and skill. Lots of skill
8. “Number six isn’t a dog?” Pfft. This pup can fetch!
9. This coach’s motives are questionable at best
10. Fetch can be an extreme sport
11. … that will test the intelligence of some contestants.
12. … while others will rise to the challenge
13. Jealous dogs look away – this pup’s fetch game is next level!
14. These fetch loving pups are not easily intimidated
15. … even when their success is patchy at best.
So there we have it – the pups with a serious fetch game. Even if it is very unlikely to be an approved Olympic sport anytime soon, our dogs rarely tire of their favourite game. And neither do we.