It’s no secret that dogs and cats are mortally sworn enemies. Occasionally, they do reach a state of peaceful coexistence, but don’t let that fool you into thinking that it isn’t all out war between these two species.
There was a time when it seemed as if cats were the undisputed rulers of the interwebs, in all their furry, feline, GIF glory. (Remember Lolcats?)
Now, there’s a new top dog in town, and yes, it’s dogkind. Here’s why we’re flying the flag for team dog.
1. Have you ever seen a cat play fetch?
2. Cats would rather snuggle with a box than you. How selfish.
3. Cats are really quite vicious.
4. They pull really stupid stunts, a dog would never do something so silly.
5. Dogs are so smart, they’ve tricked cats into giving them free massages.
6. Either that, or cats are sycophantic little devils.
8. Of course, another explanation is that dogs are simply awesome.
9. Cats are the meanest, chaos-loving furry little jerks you’ll ever meet
10. Dogs are really, really, really smart.
Seriously, this smart Collie knows 150 words! Watch the full video here.
11. Have you ever seen a cat do this?
12. Or help out around the house?
13. Even the fluffiest little dogs will loyally guard your family
14. Everyone knows this one is true.
15. Dogs, on the other hand, can barely contain their enthusiasm.
16. When you’re not home, they really miss you.
17. They’re always genuinely over the moon to see you.
18. And cats?
19. Was this really necessary?
20. You think it’s a coincidence cats are always in the company of evil villains?
21. Need we say anymore?
Okay, so we might be a tad biased. There’s also plenty of evidence that dogs and cats can be the best of friends. Are you a dog lover or a cat cuddler? Or both! Tell us about your furry friends in the comments below.